Looking for a wedding DJ in Essex?Leave a Comment
wedding DJs from Disco Wed for your wedding in Essex
Disco Wed DJ’s founder and chief wedding DJ, Paddy, actually lives in Essex, just outside (sunny!) Saffron Walden, so is ideally located to play for you if you are getting married here. Naturally, we have played at most of the county’s many lovely wedding venues, you can check the full list here but some of our favourites include:
- Ashdon Village Hall – this is as local as a wedding venue gets for Paddy, being in the same village he lives in! It’s a lovely, well appointed and good sized village hall, and he thoroughly enjoyed playing for Georgie and James here in 2016.
- Belchamp Hall – such a imposing and grand house, yet designed to accommodate quite small weddings of up to 50 people. Feel like a Lord & Lady for the weekend of your wedding!
- Blake Hall – This is another favourite wedding venue, understatedly beautiful, no noise limiter, and run by lovely people with a great sense of humour. The first time we played here was for lovely Brigitte and Sam, whose wedding was featured on the excellent Rock My Wedding blog and we were back on a sweltering day in July 2018 as wedding DJs for another of our favourite couples, Polly and Brendan!
- Braxted Park – A stunning venue, with expansive, lovely grounds, and enough outdoor space for you to consider any and all of our different options. A highlight of DJing here was for the good folk at Highjam Marketing, who booked the full Disco Shed to soundtrack a daytime programme of outdoor fun & games, then our Disco Wed DJ set-up for the evening, when we also played alongside UK Garage legends, Artful Dodger!
- Chigwell Hall – I didn’t know what to expect when booked to play at the headquarters of the scouts, but Nicola and Sean’s wedding lives long in the memory as one of my favourites!
- The Essex Barn at Channels – Essex is well catered for lovely barn venues, and this is no different! Chloe & Scott were one couple who booked us to play here, whose wedding also made it on to the Wedding Chicks blog!
- Fennes – part of the Tabor Group, this lovely country house near Braintree has an enormous marquee in it’s gorgeous grounds where we’ve played several times, or you can party in the main house too.
- Fleur De Lys, Widdington – one of the nicest pubs in north Essex with fantastically friendly management and amazing Sunday roasts. You’ll do well to have your wedding here, but Holly & Lewis did and we loved being their wedding DJ!
- Gaynes Park – a very well appointed wedding venue not far out of London, the DJ plays in an alcove next to the main barn which works great!
- Great Lodge – just outside lovely Great Bardfield and opened in 2014 – they make use of a sound ceiling PA in their delightful barn to manage the noise levels so your DJ doesn’t need to bring a sound system.
- Houchins – from the folks behind another of our favourite wedding venues, Dove Barn in Suffolk, this is a great, contemporary barn conversion located on a very lovely old farm near Coggeshall.
- Hylands House – we never quite managed to take the Disco Shed or DJ at V Festival in spite of a few enquiries from them, but it’s always great to play a wedding DJ set on a festival site – this is just outside Chelmsford and a great place to get hitched!
- Ingatestone Hall – history oozes from every bit of this amazing wedding venue near Chelmsford. We’ve played here a few times and were even asked by the venue’s event manager to be the DJs at his own wedding there!
- The Lawn – As seen on TV in the BBC’s excellent White Gold, this laid back country house always lends itself to particularly fun weddings!
- Layner Marney Tower – Another TV favourite – this time the Antiques Roadshow, but this incredible venue will make you feel like a King & Queen on your wedding day as you dance the night away to your wedding DJ in the amazing banqueting hall surrounded by stunning gardens!
- Maidens Barn – lovely owners and a lovely location for this farm based wedding venue.
- Marks Hall – one of the only wedding venues where we’ve ever agreed to be an in-house wedding DJ supplier, with an arboretum onsite it has perhaps the most beautiful gardens and grounds of all the wedding venues in Essex.
- Parklands – another fairly local one for Paddy, you know you can expect a professionally run event with this Tabor Group owned wedding venue.
- Reid Rooms – a really cute courtyard venue, your wedding DJ and bar are in a great sized room perfect for a party with no noise restrictions!
- Abbey Barns, St. Mark’s College – a lovely wedding venue just outside Saffron Walden – we’ve had some real wedding DJ highlights here over the years!
- That Amazing Place (Hubbard’s Hall) – Well, they said it! This wedding venue is indeed, amazing!
- Vaulty Manor – not many wedding venues can accommodate the full Disco Shed, but this is one, and Chris & Margaux‘s wedding here will live long in the memory!